UPitch New Jersey 2017
Date and Time:
Location: Friend Center Auditorium (101)
The Keller Center is pleased to host the second annual UPitchNJ Business Plan Competition at the Friend Center for Engineering Education on Friday, April 28, 2017. The event, which consists of a pitch competition and demo station reception, is open to the public. Pitches will be followed by a keynote address given by Eric Schurenberg, President and Editor-in-Chief of Inc.
UPitchNJ is sponsored by the New Jersey Collegiate Entrepreneurship Consortium, which represents the entrepreneurship education programs at New Jersey’s four-year colleges and universities. Thirteen universities are slated to compete in UPitchNJ 2017: Fairleigh Dickinson University, Montclair State University, New Jersey Institute of Technology, Princeton University, Ramapo University, Rider University, Rowan University, Rutgers University, Saint Peter’s University, Seton Hall University, Stevens Institute of Technology, The College of New Jersey, and William Paterson University.
UPitchNJ’s aim is to highlight the ingenuity and creativity of today’s college entrepreneurs, whom are increasingly launching businesses from their dorm rooms. As entrepreneurship educators in New Jersey, we want to provide our entrepreneurial students with a networking forum with other students, mentors and potential investors.
- 1:00PM Registration
- 1:30PM Opening Remarks: Mung Chiang, Director of Keller Center; Richard Meyers, Vice Provost
- 1:40PM Keynote Address: Eric Schurenberg, President and Editor-in-Chief, Inc.
- 2:00PM Introduction of Judges
- 2:10PM Pitches
- 3:10PM Break: Demo Station Viewing and Refreshments
- 3:45PM Welcome Back
- 3:50PM Pitches
- 5:00PM Reception (judges deliberate): Networking, Demo Station Viewing, Winners Announced
Brainify - William Paterson University
Nanovations - Ramapo College
Social Throne - Saint Peter's University
Elaion - Montclair State University
PROFInstruments - Rowan University
Pedul - Rutgers University
SignSchool - Princeton University
Elementary Robotics - The College of New Jersey
The Buzz - Fairleigh Dickinson University
VentureMe - Stevens Institute fo Technology
Trend Pie - Seton Hall University
MJY Innovations - Rider University
Orca - New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Cheryl Biron, Principal, LexaGen Freedom Accelerator, Pres. & CEO, One Horn Transportation
- Toby Dattolo, Senior VP, Fownders
- Jo-Ann Rolle, Ph.D, Dean of the Business School, Medgar Evers College (CUNY)
- Sanjay Macwan, Chief Technology Officer and Senior V.P., NBC Universal, Inc.
- David Sorin, Partner and Co-chair of Venture Capital and Emerging Growth at McCarter & English
Sponsors and Supporters
- Withum Smith+Brown
- New Jersey Tech Council
- Startup Grind Princeton
- New Jersey Innovation Institute
- American Entrepreneurship Today
- McCarter & English
To read about last year's inaugural event, click here.