2018 eLab Summer Accelerator Info Session I
Date and Time:
Location: 34 Chambers Street, Room 115
Students, do you have an idea that you want to develop into a business? Are you already working on a startup out of your dorm room and need some guidance on how to get it off the ground? Come out to an info session to find out how you can be part of this exciting accelerator program next summer! All currently enrolled Princeton undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply.
These information sessions will run from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. and dinner will be served.
Unable to attend on November 15? There will be another session on December 6. You can register for any of these sessions at the link above!
About the eLab Summer Accelerator
The Keller Center's eLab at Princeton University is a launch pad for student startups, a creative co-working space open to some of Princeton's brightest and most dynamic students. A 10-week long summer program gives students the opportunity learn from successful entrepreneurs, faculty, and advisors while they fine tune their nascent start up ideas to develop them into viable and scalable ventures. Over a period of ten weeks, students work together in a supportive community of fellow entrepreneurs, work closely with assigned mentors and participate in various events and workshops.
Prior to the inception of the program, teams selected for the eLab meet with a faculty member to discuss their key project milestones, deliverables, and formalized plan of action. During the summer under the tutelage of their mentors, students work to achieve the milestones they have set for themselves. At closure of the summer program, the students participate in Demo Days in Princeton and NYC, at which they share their plans with investors, inventors, experts and others from the entrepreneurial community.
- Workspace in the eLab (at 34 Chambers Street) for the duration of the summer program
- Assignment of experienced mentors in their field
- A series of targeted workshops and lectures open exclusively to eLab participants
- Networking opportunities with entrepreneurs, legal and accounting services, investors
- Seed funding for each team, up to $20,000 (4K per team member, maximum of 5)
- Summer housing on campus for the duration of the program
Requirements & Additional Information
- Open only to currently enrolled Princeton University undergraduate or graduate students
- Graduating seniors are welcome to apply
- Both for-profit and not-for-profit ventures are eligible
- Suggested team size: minimum of three (3) and a maximum of five (5)
- All team members must be included on the application. No late additions.
- All team members are expected to live in campus housing with the rest of the cohort, with the exception of graduate students who have existing campus living arrangements.
- Graduate students must provide written approval of their faculty advisor prior to committing to the program.
- Housing is not available between the last day of classes and the start of the program on June 11. Teams are responsible for making their own interim housing arrangements; we are unfortunately unable to assist with interim housing.
- Storage of personal items in the interim may be available through the Princeton Moving & Storage student agency. No storage is available at the Hub.
- September 20, 2017, 5-6:30PM - Open House Info Session
- October 16, 2017, 3:00PM - eLab 2018 Application Opens
- October 18, 2017, 5-6:30PM - Open House Info Session
- November 15, 2017, 5-6:30PM - Open House Info Session
- December 6, 2017, 5-6:30PM - Open House Info Session
- December 15, 2017, 11:59PM - Application Deadline
- December 18, 2017 - Selection committee begins application review
- Early January 2018 - Teams contacted for interviews
- 2nd week of January 2018 - First Round Interviews
- Mid-January 2018 - First Round Offers
- Mid-January 2018 - First Round Acceptance Deadline
- Mid-January 2018 - Second Round Application Opens
- February 7, 2018 5-6:30pm - Open House Info Session
- February 28, 2018 - eLab Second Round Application Deadline
- Late March 2018 - eLab Second Round Interviews
- 1st week of April 2018 - Second Round Offers
- 2nd week of April 2018 - Second Round Acceptance Deadline
- May 1, 2018 - All team members must be identified
- June 11, 2018 - eLab 2017 Kick-Off
- August 14-15, 2018 - eLab Demo Days in Princeton and NYC
Contact Stephanie Landers, Keller Center's Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.