About the Company
The Keller Center for Innovation in Engineering Education equips undergraduate students, graduate students and faculty with the knowledge, mentoring and resources needed to conceive and execute projects of personal and societal impact.
Keller does so by offering educational opportunities that bridge engineering and the liberal arts and help shape rewarding career paths. This includes curricular and co-curricular programs organized around design, design thinking, entrepreneurship and innovative teaching, at the intersection of technology and society.
The eLab Summer Accelerator program allows students to develop their startup venture on campus. The Keller Center compliments your idea, energy, and commitment with tools, resources, and mentorship. Students pitch their ventures to members of the entrepreneurship community during public Demo Day events at the end of the summer.
The eLab Summer Associate internship is a fabulous opportunity for Princeton students interested in entrepreneurship and startups but aren't quite ready to launch their own venture. Students will be exposed to all aspects of startup business activities as well as participate in a variety of workshops, social events, and meetings over the course of the nine-week program. Make new friends, learn about startup life, and have a fun, exciting summer right here in Princeton!
Associates will work as a team to assist Keller Center staff with all aspects of the eLab Summer Accelerator Program, including the day-to-day organization and operations of the eLab, direct contact with the eLab teams, mentors, advisors, and Keller Center staff and faculty. Associates will serve as liaisons between teams and Keller staff and participate in weekly sync-up meetings and updates. Associates will also help coordinate events and social gatherings, game nights, and other fun activities, with a goal of building community among eLab teams and other students.
- Work closely with eLab staff, distribute curriculum material to teams;
- Create and send weekly informational bulletin to eLab teams (includes weekly schedule, upcoming events, announcements, readings, etc.);
- Assist Keller Center program manager and program coordinator with event coordination, catering, setup/cleanup at the Hub facility at 34 Chambers Street;
- Plan social activities for the eLab teams, including boot camp and orientation events;
- Conduct interviews with eLab teams to compile "team highlights" section for newsletter;
- Create fresh, relevant content on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
- Participate in weekly status update meetings with Keller staff and eLab faculty advisors, entails tracking and meeting weekly with teams to document team progress;
- Create and maintain Google Drive in which all relevant eLab program documentation will be uploaded and accessed by eLab teams and Keller staff;
- Constant interaction with eLab teams to ensure active participation and success of program;
- Assist with eLab Demo Day planning and logistics as well as provide full support on the days of the events;
- Maintain an active presence at the Entrepreneurial Hub and help maintain a positive, collaborative startup culture in the Hub and around campus.
- Amazing organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under minimal supervision
- Leadership skills and a proactive, team-player attitude
- Ideal candidates are passionate entrepreneurs, creative innovators, and energetic communicators!
- $5,000 stipend
- Free on-campus housing for the program duration
- Co-working space in the Princeton Entrepreneurial Hub
- Networking opportunities across Princeton's entrepreneurial landscape
- Workshops and lectures available only to eLab participants
Dates & Schedule
- Sunday, June 4, 2023 - Saturday, August 5, 2023
- Candidates who can be available in late April into May for occasional planning meetings will receive top consideration
- Summer Hours: Monday through Friday 9 am - 5 pm, with some evening hours for social events
- Weekends, infrequently but may be necessary if a beach or city excursion is planned
Application Deadline: April 9, 2023 at 11:59 pm EST