About the Company
Speakable is a technology company on a mission to make civic and charitable engagement more accessible. Our core product, Action Button, is changing how the world reads the news by enabling readers to take instant action on news articles. Our algorithm matches the right civic and charitable actions with engaging content, enabling readers to impact the issues they care about directly from the article page. Action Button is live on Time, VICE, MSN, NBC, Bustle, Refinery29, Teen Vogue, and many more. We have core relationships with key international news outlets and have launched Action Button across major publishers, with huge expansion across digital channels planned.
We are looking for smart, creative, tech-oriented thinkers who are entrepreneurial, critical of the current experiences around them, and energized to reimagine the way news, brands and civic causes mesh in the digital world.
We are seeking an engineering intern who can help execute a product vision that revolutionizes the way people take action and support causes online.
Backgrounds we’re looking for:
- Coding and programming – front, back and full stack engineers
- Design and UI/UX chops
- Proficiency in the technologies and languages we use to build Action Button - JS ES6, React, Python
Projects you might work on include:
- Developing new features to enhance Action Button’s capabilities
- Iterating on the UX and visual design of Action Button to increase interaction rates
- Improving the Machine Learning that powers our matching tools
- Helping Action Button embed and scale across large-scale ad networks
- Building out additional features and functionality for our user facing data dashboard
Skills and Experience:
- Enthusiasm for creating intuitive and effective user interfaces
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills
- If you have a portfolio or website, we’d love to see it!
We’re looking for candidates who embody our core values:
- Integrity - You take pride in doing the right thing when no one is watching. You follow through on your word. You believe in the power of using tech as a force for good.
- Innovation - You are constantly challenging the status quo, taking initiative, and seeking to get better.
- Impact - You have demonstrated a track record of making an impact in your community (however you interpret “community” - it can be your school, your neighborhood, your online community, etc.).