Are you a member of the Princeton community with a startup idea or research that has the potential to be commercialized? We encourage you to apply to present your idea at this year's competition.
How to Apply
The application period is now closed. Applications for the 2020 Innovation Forum will be available here in Fall 2019. Be notified when the 2020 application period opens.
For reference, the typical application process is as follows:
1. Email the executive director Cornelia Huellstrunk to confirm your intention to compete.
2. Prepare the following materials:
- An overview of the innovation (in PDF format, no longer than 2 pages) including:
- Background of the innovation
- Status and future plans for additional research
- Nature of the potential commercial applications of the innovation
- Description of the innovation
- The slide presentation you intend to use during your pitch (PowerPoint or PDF format, no more than 5 slides, may not include video content)
- Your 5-minute pitch filmed at the University Broadcast Center.
- A demo/poster you would like to showcase at the reception
Keller Center coaches can assist you in preparing your Innovation Forum materials.
3. Submit your application.
Prior to the public presentations, participants may be asked to field questions from the judges on their submissions. Judges will have access to the complete application material (overview document, slide presentation and filmed pitch) in advance.
A three-minute “elevator pitch” presentation to a panel of judges and an audience of angel investors, venture capitalists, faculty, students, staff and members of the Princeton area entrepreneurial community.
A poster session and reception following the public presentations and keynote, where presenters may discuss their innovations with attendees.