Apply to Present
The application period for the 2022 Innovation Forum is now closed. Be notified when the application period opens for 2023.
Are you a member of the Princeton community with a startup idea or research that has the potential to be commercialized? We encourage you to apply to present your idea at the 2022 Innovation Forum.
Individuals and teams consisting of Princeton:
- Research staff
- Post doctoral candidates
- Graduate students
The submitted research must be judged to have commercial application, or cultural and societal impact.
Participants may compete in one of two tracks:
- science and engineering innovations
- social sciences and humanities innovations
The top three entries in each track receive prize money totaling $30,000. Funds will be awarded to the Principal Investigator for the research and must be used to advance the research or commercialization of the innovation.
- $15,000 for first place
- $10,000 for second place
- $5,000 for third place
How to Apply
Please follow the steps below:
1. Email the executive director Cornelia Huellstrunk to confirm your intention to compete by Monday, August 1st.
2. Prepare the following materials by July 13 or November 1, 2022:
- An overview of the innovation (in PDF format, no longer than 2 pages) including:
- Background of the innovation
- Description of the innovation
- Nature of the potential commercial applications of the innovation
- Status and future plans for additional research
- The slide presentation you intend to use during your pitch (PowerPoint or PDF format, no more than 5 slides, may not include video content)
- Your 3-minute video pitch recorded using Zoom. Please reference the Zoom Help Center tutorial for further instructions.
Keller Center coaches will be available to assist you in perfecting your Innovation Forum materials after your initial submission.
3. You will be sent submission instructions once your intention to compete is accepted. For submission questions email Gina Guarino. Please follow the below deadlines:
Early submission: Wednesday, July 13, 2022 - If your intention to compete is approved by June 24th, please utilize this deadline if able to.
Final Deadline: Tuesday, November 1, 2022
The earlier you submit, the earlier coaching can start.
Prior to the public presentations, participants may be asked to field questions from the judges on their submissions. Judges will have access to the complete application material (overview document, slide presentation and filmed pitch) in advance.
A three-minute “elevator pitch” presentation to a panel of judges and an audience of angel investors, venture capitalists, faculty, students, staff and members of the Princeton area entrepreneurial community.
A poster session and reception is held following the public presentations where presenters may discuss their innovations with attendees.