Innovation Forum is an annual competition and networking event showcasing Princeton research with the potential to be commercialized. Participants present their research in a three-minute presentation to the audience and a panel of judges, followed by a 5-minute question and answer period.
Audience members typically include:
- industry representatives
- angel investors
- venture capitalists
- members of the Princeton area entrepreneurial community
Following the presentations is a keynote speech and poster session/networking reception where participants can further discuss and demonstrate their research.
Individuals and teams consisting of Princeton:
- Post doctoral candidates
- Graduate students
The top three entries receive prize money totaling $30,000. Funds will be awarded to the Principal Investigator for the research and must be used to advance the research or commercialization of the innovation.
- $15,000 for first place
- $10,000 for second place
- $5,000 for third place
How to Participate
As a presenter
The application period for the 2020 Innovation Forum will open in 2020. Be notified when the application period opens.
As a judge
- Log in to review presentations
As an audience member
- First Place: Ultra-Efficient EPUs for Future Data Centers, Youssef Elasser and Yenan Chen
- Second Place: Advanced Quantitative Medical Imaging, Greg Davies, Geosciences
- Third Place: Vertical Injection Technology Apparatus (VITA), Miles Cole, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Third Place: Simple genetics assay of mutations associated with hyper-social behavior in domestic dogs, Bridgett vonHoldt, Ecology and Evolutionary Biology