Serving as an extension of the eLab Summer Accelerator, the eLab Incubator aims to provide students a collaborative co-working space in which they can pursue their entrepreneurial ambitions during the academic year. The program is based in the Princeton Entrepreneurial Hub and runs from mid October to early May. Teams are encouraged to take advantage of the many resources available to help them develop their startup ventures while also fulfilling their academic and extra-curricular obligations.
Space is limited. Ideal Incubator candidates would be those who are planning to apply for the eLab Summer Accelerator Program. Spending the academic year in the Incubator will help prepare students for the more intensive 10-week Accelerator, where, if admitted, they can to continue to develop and perfect their product or service, receive seed funding, mentorship and coaching, and launch their venture.
Who can apply to the Incubator?
- Applicants must already have a well-defined startup idea/product*
- Applicants must currently be enrolled at Princeton University
- Students/teams who plan to apply for the Summer Accelerator are preferred
- All undergraduate and graduate students are eligible
- All majors are welcome and encouraged!
The eLab Incubator Program takes place during the academic year, and thus, participation in the program should be carefully balanced with coursework and extracurricular activities. Students, however, are encouraged to come to the space often to engage with their team and other entrepreneurs in the Hub. To be considered for the program, students must commit to the following:
- Meet with a mentor/advisor on a regular basis
- Set regular team update meetings (preferably in the Hub)
- Submit monthly updates to eLab Program Manager
- Submit fall and spring progress reports to eLab Program Manager
- Read and understand the Princeton Entrepreneurial Hub Code of Conduct
eLab Incubator participants have access to the following:
- Co-working space in the Princeton Entrepreneurial Hub
- Access to a growing network of mentors
- Entrepreneurship workshops and sessions tailored to meet specific needs
- Office hours with specialists
- Hub Storytelling Lab (includes use of: MakerBot Replicator 2, Large format plotter printer, 2 iMacs w/ InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Balsamiq)
- A modest amount of project funding (accepted Incubator teams must submit a detailed proposal for funding)
Incubator Program Dates
- Application Deadline: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
- Incubator Starts: Monday, October 15, 2018
- Fall Progress Report Due: Friday, December 7, 2018
- Accelerator Application Deadline: Friday, December 14, 2018
- Spring Progress Report Due: Friday, May 3, 2019
- Incubator Ends: Friday, May 3, 2019
*Don't have a startup idea yet but want to get involved at the Hub?
Students who are new to the entrepreneurial scene at Princeton and looking for ways to get involved but are not ready for the eLab Incubator program may apply for access to the Princeton Entrepreneurial Hub. Benefits include:
- Opportunity to network with other like-minded students to create a team
- Entrepreneurship workshops and idea generation sessions
- Study break every Tuesday from 6-8pm at the Hub
Contact eLab Program Manager Stephanie Landers at firstname.lastname@example.org.