Serving as an extension of the eLab Summer Accelerator, the eLab Incubator aims to provide students a collaborative co-working space in which they can pursue their entrepreneurial ambitions during the academic year. The program, which kicked off in Spring 2013, is based in the Princeton Entrepreneurial Hub and runs from mid October to early May. Spending the academic year in the Incubator can help prepare student entrepreneurs for the more intensive eLab Summer Accelerator Program, where, if admitted, they can to continue to develop and perfect their product or service, receive seed funding, mentorship and coaching, and launch their venture.
Teams are encouraged to take advantage of the many resources available to them (workshops, office hours, lunch and dinner talks, etc), while also being challenged to think outside the box and learn both the collaborative and business-building skills required to be a successful entrepreneur while still carrying out their requirements as a student.
The eLab Incubator Program takes place during the academic year, and thus, participation in the program should be carefully balanced with coursework and extracurricular activities. Students, however, are encouraged to come to the space often to engage with their team and other entrepreneurs in the space. To be considered for the program, students must commit to the following:
- Attend at least six (6) eLab/Hub activities during the academic year. Eligible activities include: entrepreneurial workshops, talks/lectures, and office hours at the Hub
- Meet with mentor or advisor at least six (6) times during the academic year
- Submit monthly progress reports
- Read and understand the Princeton Entrepreneurial Hub Code of Conduct
- The Keller Center reserves the right to ask a student/team to leave the program at any time if they are not meeting the program's requirements.
Who can apply?
- Applicants must currently be enrolled at Princeton University
- Students/teams who plan to apply for the Summer Accelerator are preferred
- Applicants must already have a defined startup idea/product*
- All undergraduate and graduate students are eligible
- All majors are welcome and encouraged!
eLab Incubator participants have access to the following:
- Co-working space in the Princeton Entrepreneurial Hub
- Access to mentors and advisors
- Entrepreneurial workshops, seminars, lunch talks
- Office hours with lawyers, accountants, entrepreneurs in residence, etc
- Hub Storytelling Lab (includes use of: MakerBot Replicator 2, Large format plotter printer, 2 iMacs w/ InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Balsamiq)
- A modest amount of project funding; accepted Incubator teams must submit a proposal for funding
Incubator Program Dates
- Starts: Wednesday, October 8, 2018
- Ends: Friday, May 3, 2019
*Don't have a startup idea yet but want to get involved at the Hub?
Students who are new to the entrepreneurial scene at Princeton and looking for ways to get involved but are not quite ready for the eLab Incubator program may apply for access to the Princeton Entrepreneurial Hub. Amenities include:
- Opportunity to network with other like-minded students to create a team
- Entrepreneurship workshops
- Office hours/phone meetings with lawyers, accountants, entrepreneurs in residence, etc
Contact Stephanie Landers at firstname.lastname@example.org.