About the Company
BlockApps' platform, BlockApps STRATO, powers blockchain business networks in energy, finance, agriculture, travel and entertainment, and other industries. BlockApps has created several industry innovations, including the launch of Blockchain as a Service with Microsoft, founding the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (the world’s largest open standard blockchain organization), and being the first blockchain company to partner with all major cloud platforms (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform). BlockApps' customer base includes the full range from blue chip startups to major enterprises like Bayer Crop Science and ALTEN.
We are a startup in the blockchain space, building tools that will revolutionize the agriculture, oil & gas, pharmaceutical, and financial industries. Despite our size, our customers include fortune 500 companies. Our founders are seasoned entrepreneurs who have created multiple previous companies.
Our platform is based on a very modern stack. It is written in Haskell, a powerful and concise functional programming language, and we also use Node/React to develop upon the backend. We are happy to train you in these tools.
Why join a large corporation where you will only play a small role. By joining a startup, you will be given larger responsibilities right away, you will get to help us build the culture from the ground up, and can observe firsthand what is involved in creating a business.
- Programming, and more programming!
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to architect the system.
- Explore and recommend existing complementary libraries and tools (we value individuals who are proficient in code reuse).
- Quickly read and understand the inner workings and compatibility of sibling p2p tools.
- Work with the customer to craft blockchain solutions, then augment the platform with the supporting backend functionality.
We are willing to train; however, a background in some of the following technologies would be helpful:
- OSs: Linux, but also Mac, Windows
- SQL (we use Postgresql)
- REST/HTTP, JSON/XML
- Database design
Other "nice-to-haves" include:
- Web and mobile frontend
- Blockchain contract coding
- Language design
- Understanding of p2p networks