Host an Intern
The Princeton Startup Immersion Program (PSIP) is an immersive 10-week summer program for top Princeton University undergraduate and graduate students of any academic major to explore what it is like to work at a startup company. Students apply through a rigorous and competitive application process that includes a challenge puzzle provided by each startup. The challenge puzzle is intended to showcase the applicants’ creativity and problem solving aptitude.
What are the dates of the program?
- New York City: June 1-August 7, 2020
- Shanghai: June 8-August 7, 2020
- Tel Aviv: June 7-August 6, 2020
What can startups expect from PSIP interns?
We are very proud of the high caliber Princeton students who’ve participated in PSIP each summer. PSIP is open to undergraduate and graduate students of any academic major. Our applicants are entrepreneurial in spirit and innovative in nature. They have excellent verbal and written English abilities, top-notch technical skills and are motivated and self-driven learners. PSIP students are savvy consumers with perspectives of the U.S. and other international markets, languages and cultures.
Here are examples of what startup hosts have said about their interns:
" B., you truly rocked our worlds this summer! We couldn’t have driven the amount of impact we did without your help. You were constantly on the frontlines of key issues … we can’t wait to keep up with all of your future ventures and successes!”
—K.E., Impact Manager, Speakable, New York
"Nicholas exceeded all expectations, above and beyond. We kept challenging him and he kept exceeding expectations. Some of the code he wrote will make it to production shortly."
—O.R., CIO, Syte, Tel Aviv
What do we look for in a PSIP internship host?
Startup companies are carefully selected to provide the following:
- Company is located in New York City, Tel Aviv, or Shanghai
- Company is keen to provide mentorship and guidance to their intern with regular feedback and progress checkpoints
- Intern must have a desk and physical work location
- Intern must be assigned projects that are meaningful and impactful towards the company’s product or services, and that have clear deliverables and milestones
What is the startup's financial commitment to host a PSIP intern?
- New York City: Startups provide each intern a $2,500 stipend for meal and commuting expenses.
- Tel Aviv and Shanghai: Startups provide each intern a meal/commuting allowance, amount to be determined by the company.
How to become a PSIP host
|Companies submit host application by October 11, 2019|
|Princeton sends student applications to companies||By December 9, 2019|
|Companies select candidates for further interview and notify Lilian Tsang to set up interviews||By December 13, 2019|
|Companies conduct interviews||December 16, 2019 -January 14, 2020|
|Companies select interns and notify Lilian Tsang; Princeton will notify students||By January 20, 2020|
We are proud of our partnerships with these startups, many of whom were founded by Princeton alumni.